Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Saranda By Night

[caption id="attachment_2208" align="alignnone" width="660"]Saranda By Night Saranda By Night[/caption]

Saranda is located inside a bay, hence the beautiful view of the lights from the promenade. The lights on the far left are from Hotel Butrinti, the first 5* hotel in Albania. Don't count too much on the stars since the classification is made by the Ministry of Tourism of Albania. As you may know, in countries like ours, the stars show how rich is the owner of the hotel, not how good the hotel itself is. Nevertheless it has a quite good reputation regarding quality. I can't say the same regarding price unfortunately, it is one of the most expensive in Albania. We stayed on the far right, opposite Grand Hotel, at a new apartment with a private beach. We paid like 25$ per night for quite a large apartment, with all the necessities and free parking. If you need any phone numbers, let me know :) The best thing was the view from the balcony, it felt like being on an airplane.

3 comments:

  1. Albania sadly is one of the countries in Europa that is not a hot spot for tourists at all. Nevertheless it looks like there are very nice places that are worth a visit. I'll have Saranda on my itinerary for my next trip to Eastern Europe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to work as a travel agent years ago. I might go back at it since I'm quitting my job as an accountant just today. If you need any info regarding Albania, let me know and I'll be happy to help. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As soon as I got more concrete plans, I'll message you. Thanks for the help :)

    ReplyDelete